This is one of the cards we made yesterday in our stamp club. It was inspired by this card on Pinterest, posted by my stamping sister, Lyssa Zwolanek. I wanted to showcase the new Dapper Denim, so I changed it up a little bit. I'm very happy that the two stamp sets used on this card are carrying over to the annual catalog!
I've been playing around with the new In Colors, and I've found some really lovely coordinating colors! The first thing I noticed is how well Dapper Denim pairs with Marina Mist. Oh, it's a match made in heaven, for sure!
That got me to thinking about what else pairs with the new In Colors. I already knew Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder go together like peas and carrots, but what about the other colors? So I grabbed some cardstock and started comparing, and this is what I came up with:
- Dapper Denim and Marina Mist
- Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder
- Peekaboo Peach and Pumpkin Pie
- Sweet Suagrplum and Rich Razzleberry
- Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron
I'm sure there will be others that are discovered as time goes on, but these ones are a sure hit in my craft room right now!
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Whisper White 2-1/4" x 3-3/4"
Mat: Dapper Denim 2-1/2" x 4"
DSP: Marina Mist from Subtles DSP Stack
Card base: Dapper Denim 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Adhere DSP to card base.
- Cut Tea Lace Doily in half and adhere to left side of card base.
- Stamp leaves and flowers from Number of Years near top of Whisper White, and greeting from Suite Sayings near bottom.
- Cut 3-1/4" of Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon and wrap around image panel, adhering to back with adhesive.
- Fasten image panel to Dapper Denim mat.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to affix matted image to card base over doily.
- Tie a small bow and attach with a Glue Dot.
CARDSTOCK: Dapper Denim*, Whisper White, Marina Mist DSP
INK: Dapper Denim*, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi
ACCESSORIES: Dapper Denim 3/8" Ruched Ribbon*, Tea Lace Paper Doilies (retiring 5/31), Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots
*Available June 1st
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!