I love Stampin' Up! products, and 99% of the time that's all I use. But sometimes I stray and commit what my friend JanTink calls "rubbadultery." This is one of those times. This is the one percent.
I was just dying to play with a Penny Black stamp I ordered last month, and with Mother's Day right round the corner I figured this was the perfect opportunity. Mom had just been here visiting a couple weeks ago, and we colored a bunch of dog and cat images for me to use on some cards that will be donated to our local animal shelter. The coloring got me going with my Copic markers again, and that is what I used to color the flowers for this card. Thanks, Mom!
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Whisper White 3" x 4"
Mat behind image: Watermelon Wonder 3-1/4" x 4-1/4"
DSP: Everyday Chic 4" x 5-1/4" and 2-1/4" x 4"
Card base: Watermelon Wonder 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Stamp flowers on Whisper White and color with your choice of coloring media. (Copics used are noted below.) Use a mask over the larger blooms (cut from a sticky note) when stamping the smaller flowers.
- Adhere image to Watermelon Wonder mat.
- Adhere smaller DSP panel to bottom of larger DSP panel, then adhere both to card base.
- Use Tear & Tape adhesive to fasten lace behind bottom of image and trim edges even with mat.
- Adhere image to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add Pearls Basic Jewels to centers of smaller flowers.
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Everyday Chic DSP
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R08, R24, R46, Y19, Y35, YR09, YG17, YG67, YG99, E99, W3
ACCESSORIES: Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim, Pearls Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tear & Tape adhesive