Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is slim-line cards! Popular slimline sizes are 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" (or big slimline 4" x 9"), either of which will fit in a #10 business envelope.
I started with 6-1/4" x 6-1/2" cardstock, and scored the 6-1/2" side at 3-1/4" which resulted in a 3-1/4" x 6-1/4" finished mini slimline card. I really like making minis because if you're using DSP as a background you can get two cards from one sheet of 6x6 or eight cards from a 12x12 sheet, with no waste! And I make my own envelopes* to fit, using retired DSP. 😉
Since I'm always in need of birthday cards, I chose Biggest Wish for the stamp set and added some fun die cuts from Beautiful Balloons and Darling Details.
To make the balloon strings, I unraveled some gold Simply Elegant Trim and used individual strands on each balloon. It reminds me of balloons with curly ribbon strings!
- 7-1/2" x 8" DSP
- Score shorter side at 3-1/2" and 7"
- Score 8" side at 1/2" and 7"
- Fold up on all scorelines
- Trim off excess as shown.
- Add Tear n' Tape at side and bottom and seal.
- Stamps: Biggest Wish
- Paper: Moody Mauve Cardstock, Gold Foil Sheets, Bright & Beautiful 6x6 DSP, Gold Celebrations Specialty DSP
- Ink: VersaMark, Moody Mauve
- Accessories: Darling Details Dies, Beautiful Balloons Die, Heat Tool, Basics Stampin' Emboss Powder (white), Simply Elegant Trim