Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is another color combo - this time it's Orchid Oasis and Sweet Sorbet. This combination was much more of a challenge for me than last week's, because red and purple aren't really my "thing."
I knew I'd have to do something floral, but with so many beautiful sets to choose from, that made it another challenge! After flipping through the catalog, I decided Hand-Penned Petals was exactly what I needed for this card.
The next challenge was choosing the background....should I use a Orchid Oasis card base with Sweet Sorbet DSP? Or Sweet Sorbet base with Orchid Oasis DSP? Or maybe a white base? I thought this combination looked the best, so I went with it. After that, it was a piece of cake to stamp and color the image, die cut it, and and assemble the card.
That's all for today - see you next Saturday for more color inspiration! Up next is Libby Fens at Libby Stamps. Or click the "back" button to go back to Lori at Loritamarie Crafts.
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Stamps: Hand-Penned Petals Bundle
- Paper: Basic White and Sweet Sorbet cardstock, 2022-2024 In Color 6" x 6" DSP
- Ink: VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, and Basic Gray, plus Orchid Oasis, Sweet Sorbet, Granny Apple Green, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Combo Packs
- Accessories: 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots and Sweet Sorbet Metallic Woven Ribbon
- Card base 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored/folded at 4-1/4"
- DSP 1-1/2" x 5-1/2"
- Mat behind DSP 1-11/16" x 5-1/2"
- Greeting strip 3/4" x 4-1/4"
This would be a perfect card for me to give my sister for her July 4th birthday!!ReplyDelete