I've been working in the garden this week, clearing out weeds and dead plants left over from last season. I really, really should have done this at the end of the season last year, but by the time things were winding down, I was done as well. Just the thought of it made me want to hide. So I didn't do it and, of course, I am regretting it now. Adulting is so hard sometimes!
In addition to working up a sweat, I've been working up some more OnStage swap possibilities. This is one of the "maybes." I keep over-designing them when I really should keep it simple. Case in point: this is one I made for Convention (now called OnStage) a few years back. It involved coloring. As did this one. Do you see the recurring theme? I just can't make myself use the KISS principle!
One of the pluses of this colored image is it's water-colored, which means I can be kind of loose with placing the paint. Not like my examples linked above, where I spent a lot of time with a Blender Pen staying inside the lines and making it all perfect. Soooo, I'll make a couple more of these and see if time will be too much of a factor. I already have one swap designed, colored (of course) and all the components cut out. I just need to assemble them!
In response to Betty's comment: It's a very subtle wash in the background. (For some reason, I can't reply.) >:(
Absolutely love your card! I can't figure out where you used Marina Mist.ReplyDelete