This is another of the cards we made in last Saturday's stamp club. It's really SO much prettier in real life. I was looking at the colors in the English Garden DSP pack, and the colors on one sheet just jumped out and popped me in the eye! I knew that it was a lighter shade of Night of Navy, and I wanted to use N.O.N. as the outline of the blossom, but not really a stamped off lighter shade for the petals. Then it hit me (I get hit a lot, lol) - Island Indigo just might work! I tested it on some scratch paper and held it up to the DSP background and voila!
I love the little bit of texture peeking out from behind the greeting. The Kraft and White Corrugated Paper is awesome for stuff like that!
Here's the "How To"
Cardstock for flowers and leaves: Whisper White 2-3/4" X 8-1/2" (or whatever scraps you have)
Greeting panel: Whisper White 3" x 4-1/4"
Mat: Kraft Corrugated Paper 2-3/4" x 4"
DSP: English Garden 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat behind DSP: Soft Suede 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Stamp greeting in center of Whisper White rectangle and cut with Lots of Labels Framelit (#4 counting from smallest), centering greeting.
- Cut corrugated paper with next larger Lots of Labels Framelit (#5 from smallest). Adhere greeting to corrugated mat.
- Stamp three flower outlines in Night of Navy, and the petals in Island Indigo (2-Step stamping). Stamp four sets of leaves (the larger ones) in Tip Top Taupe but don't fill them in. Stamp the centers of the flowers with Tip Top Taupe.
- Fussy cut out the flowers and leaves. (Note: when cutting the leaves, leave a little "bridge" between the two leaves at the base. This will be hidden behind a petal and can be used to glue the leaves in place.)
- Fasten DSP to Soft Suede mat and then to card base.
- Adhere matted greeting panel to center of DSP.
- Glue leaves behind petals as shown, and adhere flowers to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add medium Pearls Basic Jewels as shown.
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Kraft Corrugated Paper, English Garden DSP
INK: Night of Navy, Island Indigo, Tip Top Taupe
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Lots of Labels Dies, Pearls Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!