Getting a new stamp club started when you move clear across the country is kind of tricky, because you don't know anyone, so you can't say, "Come on over for some stampy, inky fun!" Luckily for me, I've been discovered by a local lady who had been looking for a demo in her area for a long time. The closest ones she had found were way down in Knoxville, which was really too far for stamp classes and clubs.
So, as of now I have ONE stamp club member, and we are looking to find more locals who love to stamp and make pretty things. Another local lady has ordered from me online, and is inviting some friends to her house next month so I can show them watercoloring techniques. Maybe one of them will join the monthly fun! I hope so; the more the merrier!
This is one of the (three) cards we made. Since Mom is here for a two week visit, she joined us and we had a great time. Mom is a novice stamper, but she caught on quickly and was really pleased with how her cards turned out.
The "How To" for this card
Image panel: Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4" plus copy paper cut same size (for mask)
Mat: Basic Black 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card Base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Cut copy paper using Lots of Labels die (second largest size) centered on paper
- Place mask over image panel and hold in place with painters tape or Washi tape.
- Sponge So Saffron starting at bottom and working part way up. Sponge Calypso Coral starting at top and working dow into So Saffron, blending as you go. Remove mask
- Using Basic Black ink, stamp tree image so leftmost branch just touches left side of cardstock. Stamp greeting to the right of the tree. Stamp leaves in Calypso Coral.
- Emboss image panel using Softly Falling folder so the least concentration of dots is at the bottom of the cardstock. (Note: Archival ink will leave a ghost image on your folder which is easily cleaned with Stampin' Mist.)
- Wrap ribbon around and adhere ends on back. Fasten image panel to black mat and then to card base. (Note: To avoid flattening your embossing, put the adhesive on the mat and place your embossed piece over it, pressing gently. Take care to not rub over the black ink - it may smudge!)
- Adhere rhinestones on ribbon below greeting.
STAMPS: Sheltering Tree
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Basic Black
INK: Basic Black Archival, So Saffron, Calypso Coral
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Lots of Labels Dies, Softly Falling embossing folder, Blushing Bride 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Stamping Sponges, tape to hold mask in place
Hey just like when you and I first met. I hope your new stampy, inky friend loves and cherishes you as much as I do!ReplyDelete
Awww, thank you so much, Becky! I sure miss stamping and laughing with you. No one will ever be able to take your place in my heart.Delete