These adorable ribbon rosettes were something demonstrated at the Stampin' Up Regional in Henderson, Nevada, and they are so quick and easy to make using the Scallop Dots* ribbon! The holes are already there for you to thread the needle through. Easy-peasy!
1. Start with a 3½" length of the dotted scallop ribbon. Using sturdy thread (like quilter's cotton), sew a running stitch in and out of every hole along one edge. (I take one stitch, then run the needle back through the loop by the knot to prevent the knot pulling through the hole.)
2. Sew a running stitch in and out of every hole along one edge.
3. Pull tight, take a tiny stitch back at the beginning, and knot.
4. At this point you can just cut the thread, or whip-stitch the raw edges together, or use a bit of Glue Dot (shown) to hold the edges together.
So, there you have it! Stampin' Up! Scallop Dots ribbon is available in these colors (and from me!):
* Basic Black
* Cherry Cobbler
* Chocolate Chip
* Elegant Eggplant
* Marina Mist
* Melon Mambo
* More Mustard
* Old Olive
* Pretty in Pink (shown above)
* Tangerine Tango