Today I'm going to show you how to do the technique shown on the Poppy Parade card in last weekend's blog hop. To do this, you'll need:
- 2 different embossing folders (I used Flower Garden and Square Lattice)
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
- VersaMark ink pad
- Embossing Buddy
- Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
2. Starting with your main focal image embossing folder, tap the VersaMark pad all over the side of the folder that has the image indented. Be sure the entire side is covered thoroughly, but don't press so hard that the ink gets into the indented areas (which I unfortunately did when making this tutorial).
3. Place the cardstock on the dry side of the folder with the Embossing Buddied side facing the inked side and carefully close the folder without shifting the cardstock. Run the folder through the Big Shot, then carefully remove the cardstock. Cover entirely with embossing powder.
4. Tap off excess powder and, using a fine paint brush, brush off powder in image areas. Don't worry if the embossing powder gets accidentally knocked off areas on the edges, since they will be trimmed off. Heat with Heat Tool until powder is melted and shiny.
5. Trim the image to the size you want, and run through the Big Shot with the other embossing folder.
Have fun playing with this technique! I can't wait to try it with different embossing folders and the yummy (pun intended) new colors* in the Summer Mini catalog!!!
* Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (123223)
Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss Powder (123106)
Wild Wasabi Stampin' Emboss Powder (123224)