This is the card that won. Thank you, Shelli, for making my day, and Kellene for letting me know!!!
So, winning the So Shelli contest today is just continuing a month that started out great by Mickey Roberts (Paper Conversation), a "sister" SU demonstrator, awarding me a Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks, Mickey! Sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge & pass it on. Been busy!
The deal is, I have to tell you 8 things you may not know about me, and then pass the award on to 8 bloggers whose work I admire. (Oh man, how can I narrow it down to just eight?!)
1. I used to be the owner/designer of my own line of bra patterns, and had a home-based mail order sewing supplies business.2. I am a published author (in a couple of magazines, anyway).
3. I began card making three years ago this month, after years of not doing anything "crafty". The blame, uh... I mean, credit for this addiction rests solely on my BFF Barb's shoulders. (Love you bunches, Barb!)
4. I spend way too much time on the computer, looking at other people's blogs for inspiration, checking in at Stampin' Addicts and Splitcoast Stampers, playing Free Cell, and on Facebook. I could get so much more done if I could just pull myself away!
5. My husband and I are big Moody Blues fans, and we've seen them six times in the past five years. (Number seven is coming up in May, woohoo!)
6. I love to garden, even though I only have a very small space to "grub in the dirt". Nothing tastes better than a fully ripened home grown tomato, still warm from the sun!
7. I love horses. Always have, always will.
8. I love being a Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator! Sharing the fun of making something beautiful with people who never thought they could do it, gives me so much joy. And just think about how much happiness one little card can give! There's the pleasure you get from making it, the happiness you feel when you see how much the recipient enjoys it, and the joy that THEY get in receiving it! That's a lot of happiness in one little card!
And now, here are the names of 8 bloggers who inspire me. I am passing this award on to:
1. Jennifer Timko, Stampin' on the Fly
2. Debra Burgin, Heartfelt Inkspiration
3. Ilina Crouse, My Creations
4. Sally Jones, Sally's Creative Corner
5. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
6. Judy May, Just Judy Designs
7. Sharon Field, Created by You
8. Krystal De Leeuw, Krystal's Cards and More