This is the card that won. Thank you, Shelli, for making my day, and Kellene for letting me know!!!
So, winning the So Shelli contest today is just continuing a month that started out great by Mickey Roberts (Paper Conversation), a "sister" SU demonstrator, awarding me a Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks, Mickey! Sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge & pass it on. Been busy!
The deal is, I have to tell you 8 things you may not know about me, and then pass the award on to 8 bloggers whose work I admire. (Oh man, how can I narrow it down to just eight?!)
1. I used to be the owner/designer of my own line of bra patterns, and had a home-based mail order sewing supplies business.2. I am a published author (in a couple of magazines, anyway).
3. I began card making three years ago this month, after years of not doing anything "crafty". The blame, uh... I mean, credit for this addiction rests solely on my BFF Barb's shoulders. (Love you bunches, Barb!)
4. I spend way too much time on the computer, looking at other people's blogs for inspiration, checking in at Stampin' Addicts and Splitcoast Stampers, playing Free Cell, and on Facebook. I could get so much more done if I could just pull myself away!
5. My husband and I are big Moody Blues fans, and we've seen them six times in the past five years. (Number seven is coming up in May, woohoo!)
6. I love to garden, even though I only have a very small space to "grub in the dirt". Nothing tastes better than a fully ripened home grown tomato, still warm from the sun!
7. I love horses. Always have, always will.
8. I love being a Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator! Sharing the fun of making something beautiful with people who never thought they could do it, gives me so much joy. And just think about how much happiness one little card can give! There's the pleasure you get from making it, the happiness you feel when you see how much the recipient enjoys it, and the joy that THEY get in receiving it! That's a lot of happiness in one little card!
And now, here are the names of 8 bloggers who inspire me. I am passing this award on to:
1. Jennifer Timko, Stampin' on the Fly
2. Debra Burgin, Heartfelt Inkspiration
3. Ilina Crouse, My Creations
4. Sally Jones, Sally's Creative Corner
5. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
6. Judy May, Just Judy Designs
7. Sharon Field, Created by You
8. Krystal De Leeuw, Krystal's Cards and More
Congrats! What a fun phone call to receive!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your win. Love the card and I can easily see why it was a winner. That is the one fold I can do. I'm folding challenged among a few others. LOL. Thank you for the lovely award. Made my morning.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on winning! It is a well-deserved honor!ReplyDelete
Cindy congratulations on your win! Well deserved too. The card is stunning, so go ahead and TOOT that horn!ReplyDelete
Congratulations Cindy!! What an honor to have your card chosen by Shelli!! That card is gorgeous. It deserves to win.ReplyDelete
I loved reading more about you. Really, a bra maker? Never knew there was such a profession. I thought everyone just went to JC Penny for those things.
Thanks for the blog award!! I'm so honored. You are the sweetest.
CONGRATULATIONS!! It's a beautiful card :)ReplyDelete
Cindy, Congratulations again (I "high fived" you on Stampin Addicts)! And Congrats on your blog award and thanks for passing it on to me! I loved reading your list of 8 things about you. :)ReplyDelete
P.S. I too named you for the Stylish Blogger Award. http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.htmlReplyDelete
Congratulations on your So Shelli challenge win Cindy - how cool! It is a great card. Thanks so much for the blog award. I was really shocked, but chuffed.ReplyDelete
You are deserving!! Thanks for thinking that I am Stylish...I just aspire to be a winner like you! ;-)ReplyDelete
Congratulations!!! It is such an honor to be chosen as a winner of Shelli's challenges. Of course you should be bragging. I sure did when I won.ReplyDelete
Congrats on your selection! Woohoo! AND new stamps! Doesn't get much better than that!!!ReplyDelete
Congratulations!! What an honor, and what a great card! That tree is beautiful!!ReplyDelete
Oh I love that card too. Congratulions and so well deserved!!! Hugs,ReplyDelete