We saw the first fireflies of the season last night, and I was so excited that I had to make a card! LOL I used to catch them in a jar when I was a little girl in Virginia, but when the Navy transferred my dad to California, there weren't any there. I was so disappointed!
So, when we retired here to Tennessee, I was thrilled to be able to watch them flickering in the yard and the trees and the hay field. When they really get going, it looks like twinkling Christmas lights. Love it!
Obviously, I don't hunt them down with a jar anymore. I just like to sit on the porch and watch them hunting for a mate. I hope we have a good display this year. We had a rather cold winter, which can diminish the number of larva that live underground.
- Stamped jar and fireflies in Basic Black Archival on 2-7/8" x 4-1/8" Shimmery White.
- Stamped glow with Lemon Lime Twist, stamped off once. Added a little Pineapple Punch glow around the LLT glow with a blender pen.
- Sponged Night of Navy around jar, and a little lighter inside jar.
- Adhered image to 3" x 4-1/4" Whisper White and 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" Basic Black mats, then to card base.
- Stamped lid with VersaMark on Basic Black and heat embossed with Copper embossing powder. Cut with coordinating die and adhered with mini dimensionals.
- Stamped greeting and cut with Lakeside Framelits label (shortened), then adhered with mini dimensionals.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!