I am happy to report that both the Falling Flowers stamp set and the Butterflies Thinlits are carrying over to the new catalog, yippee! The past few days I've been spending a lot of time outside getting things ready for the garden and have seen LOTS of butterflies (hooray for pollinators!), which was the inspiration for this card. We had some crazy rain last week so the garden was too mucky to do anything. Yesterday I went out to pull some weeds and see if any of the asparagus crowns that I planted are sending up shoots. I found one tiny wisp of a spear! I hope in another couple of years we will have enough to harvest.
Here's the "How To"
Background: Sweet Sugarplum 4" x 5-1/4"
DSP: Succulent Garden 1" x 4"
Butterfly: Succulent Garden DSP and Vellum 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Card base: Sweet Sugarplum 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Cut DSP butterfly using Butterflies Thinlits and Vellum butterfly using Bold Butterfly Framelits. Adhere together with glue dots, add Pearls Basic Jewels and set aside.
- Stamp swirl from Falling Flowers using VersaMark ink on background cardstock so that bottom of swirl is approx. 1-1/4" from bottom edge. Highlight with gel pen, chalk marker, or extra fine point Sharpie.*
- Adhere DSP strip to bottom. Wrap a 5-1/2" length of ruched ribbon around and adhere ends to back, so that top of DSP is just barely covered.
- Stamp greeting (retired greeting used here) in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- For the bow, cut 2-1/2" ribbon, overlap ends 1/2" and fasten with a glue dot forming a loop. Lay it on the wrapped ribbon with the cut end centered behind the loop and tie in place with white baker's twine. Note: it helps to have an extra hand to hold it while you're tying. I like using these reverse tweezers.*
- Adhere background to card base with dimensionals.
- Adhere butterfly to card with dimensionals.