This quick and easy card is similar to one we made at Jill Olsen's stamping get together earlier this year. It was a whole day of fun projects, with prizes throughout the day and a nice lunch. Jill is my 5th level upline and a Senior Advisor at Stampin' Up! (That's the highest level one can achieve!)
Recipe for card:
- Cut Calypso Coral cardstock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", fold in half and emboss front with Chevron embossing folder.
- Cut Old Olive cardstock to 1-3/4" x 5-1/2".
- Cut Very Vanilla cardstock to 1-1/2" x 5-1/4".
- Stamp chevrons from Oh, Hello stamp set on scrap of Very Vanilla (Old Olive x 3 and Calypso Coral x 2) and trim closely with Paper Snips.
- Glue chevrons to Very Vanilla strip using Tombow Multi-purpose Adhesive, alternating colors. Trim ends even with strip. (Note: I started with the Old Olive chevron in the center, and worked outward from there to make spacing easier.)
- Adhere chevron strip to Old Olive panel with Snail Adhesive.
- The Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon is now retired, so find a suitable 8" length of ribbon, wrap it around panel near bottom and tie a knot (a square knot, if you know how!).
- Use Snail adhesive to fasten panel to card front.
- With Calypso Coral ink, stamp "Thanks for Caring" from Lots of Thanks stamp set on a scrap of Very Vanilla and punch with Decorative Label Punch.
- Punch Old Olive scrap with same punch, cut in half and adhere to back of stamped greeting.
- Using Calypso Coral and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers, color flower stamp in Oh, Hello set and stamp on Very Vanilla scrap. Cut out and adhere to bottom of greeting label.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to fasten greeting label to card front.