And I couldn't be more excited....it's my favorite time of year! It's still bloody hot during the day right now, but it's getting cooler at night and a few of the trees are already shedding some leaves. We won't have the full fall colors until next month, but it's right around the corner! Hooray for sweater weather, hot chocolate or spiced cider, pumpkin everything, and chili, soup, and stew!!!
This is one of the cards we are making in the Second Saturday Stampers Club tomorrow. The cards will all be Fall-themed. I figured I'd wait until next month to trot out the Christmas cards, lol.
Here's the "How To"
Leaf: Watercolor Paper 4" x 4"
Stamped background: Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat: Cajun Craze 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" (circle behind maple leaf is die cut from center of this)
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Cut 2-5/8" circle from center of Cajun Craze cardstock using the second largest circle die in the Layering Circles Framelits and set aside. Attach the remaining piece to the card base. (Don't worry - the hole will be covered in a minute!)
- Stamp Pear Pizzazz spatters on Whisper White cardstock. Stamp greeting in Early Espresso. Adhere to card base, covering that hole. :-)
- Make a watercolor wash on the watercolor paper using Soft Suede, Old Olive, and Peekaboo Peach ink. Let dry, then stamp the tree trunk from Sheltering Tree in Early Espresso ink.
- Cut maple leaf using the Leaflets Framelits, centering stem over tree trunk as much as possible.
- Adhere Cajun Craze circle to card base. Attach leaf using Stampin' Dimensionals. Tie a triple loop bow and adhere to leaf with a rolled up Glue Dot.