Here's another submission for this week's Global Design Project color challenge. It went together a little bit easier than Monday's piggy card. This time I used the Celebration Time bundle, which has a thirteen piece stamp set (wood or clear mount) and an awesome fourteen piece Thinlits die set to match.
As I was making the card, I kept thing of other things I could do with those Thinlits and wishing I had some "me" clones so I could make them as soon as I thought of them!
That's the trouble - I have an occasional flash of a brilliant idea, but by the time I'm finished with what I'm working on, I can't remember what it was. It happens when I'm falling asleep, too. It's times like that I wish we could do a screen capture of our minds. Can you imagine the all fun stuff we could do if we could do that?!
To refresh your memory, here is the GPD093 color challenge:
Here's the "How To"
Cake: Berry Burst 2-1/4" x 3-1/2"
Greeting layer: Whisper White 2-7/8" x 4-1/8"
Mat: Lemon Lime Twist 3" x 4-1/4"
Background: Pool Party 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Lemon Lime Twist 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Use the banner stamp and Pool Party ink to stamp banners randomly on the Pool Party cardstock. Adhere to card base.
- Use the banner stamp and Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, and Berry Burst ink to stamp banners near top of Whisper White.
- Stamp greeting very close to lower right edge using Berry Burst ink. Adhere to mat and then attach to card base with dimensionals.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy all over the Berry Burst cardstock then use VersaMark ink to stamp the cake. Cover with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat with Heat Tool until melted.
- Cut out the cake with the cake die and use the scraps to cut out two small and one large flower with the flower dies.
- Adhere cake with dimensionals, and flowers with liquid glue. Add pearls to flowers' centers.