Here's another card using the Early Release (August 1st) Carols of Christmas bundle. We see a LOT of deer here, so I love having the little deer stamp and matching die. I have ideas for more cards with that dear little deer, too!
We are heading into the hottest part of summer here, so it was fun making a card that reminds me of chilly winter days. Truth be told, I'd rather have cooler weather, from a comfort standpoint. It's easier to put on layers if you're cold. Of course my hubby, who was born in the desert Southwest, would disagree. He likes it warm....the hotter the better. He likes piles of blankets on the bed, while I'm kicking them off.
I used the Seaside embossing folder on Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to make the snowdrifts. The glimmer paper is so much more dazzling in real life. Just can't get how sparkly it really is in a photo.
Remember, the Carols of Christmas bundle will be in the Holiday catalog that starts September 1st, but customers can order it during the early release starting August 1st. Since Bonus Days* are happening right now, that would be a great thing to use your coupons on!
- * In July, for every $50 you spend (pre-tax/SH), you will receive a $5 email coupon from Stampin' Up! to be used in August.
- Plus, you will get an entry into my July 21st drawing for the Coffee Café bundle if you use the Host Code on upper right sidebar! (Don't use the code if your merchandise totals $150 or more!)
Deer: Whisper White scrap
Trees: Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper scraps
Snow: Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 3" x 4-1/8"
Background: Color Theory ombre 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere DSP to card base. Rub embossing buddy over DSP and heat emboss greeting and stars with white embossing powder.
- Use Seaside folder to emboss glimmer paper "snowdrifts", then cut in half, following the curved lines, so one half is slightly wider. Adhere wider half to card base.
- Cut glimmer trees and randomly adhere to card with glue dots, saving one double tree for front.
- Adhere smaller snow drifts to card with sticky tape or glue dots, covering tree bases. Adhere remaining trees to front.
- Stamp deer on scrap using Soft Suede ink, die cut with coordinating die, and adhere to card with mini dimensionals.