This is me doing a happy dance because the Man in Brown brought a big box of NEW GOODIES for me to play with! Of course, as soon as I opened the box I had to stop dancing....kinda hard to stamp straight if you're wiggling, ya know.
The first thing I wanted to play with was the Oh So Eclectic bundle, because I LOVE the flowers, and I LOVE the coordinating die set! The stamp sets are available in either clear-mount, or wood-mount. You can purchase the stamps and dies separately or bundle them and save 10%!
I had a 2" x 6" scrap piece of Color Theory DSP, and found the 2" width fits perfectly behind the die cut! I think the Crushed Curry ombre is just lovely, and is the perfect background for the Fresh Fig flowers (say that five times fast!).
I really should be getting the rest of my garden planted, but I can't drag myself out of the craft room! Maybe I'll wait until it cools off later today. Meanwhile, I'll play a bit more. If I do a load of laundry, perhaps I can convince my hubby that I'm being productive.
Here's the "How To"
Flowers/leaves: Shimmery White scraps
Die cut background: Shimmery White 3" x 4-1/4"
Mat: Fresh Fig 3-1/8" x 4-3/8"
DSP: Color Theory 2" x 4-1/4"
Card base: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp plus signs in Crushed Curry ink on card base, as shown.
- Cut Shimmery White background with the diamond die, having die centered. Use dots of liquid glue to attach DSP behind it. Adhere to Fresh Fig mat.
- Stamp vertical greeting in black as shown. Attach to card base with dimensionals.
- Stamp leaves in Garden Green on a scrap of Shimmery White. Stamp large flower in Fresh Fig and color with a Blender Pen and Fresh Fig ink. Color flower center with Crushed Curry. Use corresponding dies to cut them out.
- Color smaller flower with Fresh Fig Stampin' Write Marker and the stem with Garden Green marker, using the marker to stamp technique. Huff on the stamp to re-moisten ink and stamp. Color flower and stem with Blender Pen in ink. Use corresponding die to cut it out.
- Attach flowers and leaves to background with dimensionals. Add Glitter Enamel dots.