It's still too early for the butterflies and bees to make an appearance, so I'm just going to have to make my own until they do! Mr. Big got a little workout today, not only with the die cuts, but the butterfly embossing as well. Honestly, I don't know if I could make cards if I didn't have a Big Shot!
The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper is just that - dazzling! The photo above just doesn't do it justice, so I laid it in a shaft of sunlight to give you an idea. Still not as dazzling as real life, but you can get an idea. It's so purty!
Here's the "How To"
Butterfly: Blooms & Bliss DSP 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"
DSP background: Blooms & Bliss 3" x 3-1/2"
Greeting: Whisper White 1/2" x 3-1/2"
Embossed background: Whisper White 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Rich Razzleberry 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Die cut butterfly DSP using Bold Butterfly Framelits die. Die cut Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper using coordinating Butterflies Thinlits. Adhere together using liquid glue just on the butterfly body. Note: The Precision Base Plate ensures a clean cut through glimmer paper, but be sure to run it through twice to make sure!
- Emboss background with the Fluttering embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
- Stamp greeting on Whisper White strip, leaving room on the right for staples. Cut banner end on left side.
- Cut 4" of Blushing Bride and Sweet Sugarplum ribbons and trim left ends at an angle. Cut 8" of Silver ribbon, fold in half and cut ends at an angle.
- Stack the ribbons as shown, with greeting on top, and staple to right side of DSP near the bottom. Adhere DSP to card base.
- Adhere butterfly with dimensionals.