Playing around with tone on tone flourishes today. I tried several different combinations of paper; watercolor, shimmery white, and Very Vanilla, and decided I like the VV on VV best.The background polka dots are from the Playful Backgrounds stamp set. Have you noticed it in the annual catalog? It's on page 121. I didn't notice it for the longest time, but recently saw it used on some Pinterest cards. I think I'll be using it a lot more now that I've "discovered" it!
This is another one of those cards that looks so much better in real life. I just can't seem to capture all the subtleties with my camera.
By the way, if you need a catalog, and don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to help you, I'd be happy to send you one. Just let me know!
Here's the "How To"
Flower: Peekaboo Peach 2-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Leaves: Pear Pizzazz 1" x 2"
Flourish: 3-1/2" x 4-1/4"
Background: Very Vanilla 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Very Vanilla 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Die cut two largest flowers from the Flourish Thinlits in Peekaboo Peach. Die cut (2) single leaves in Pear Pizzazz. Die cut flourish in Very Vanilla.
- Sponge Calypso Coral ink around edges of smaller flower.
- Stamp dots on Very Vanilla background (not card base) using Pear Pizzazz ink stamped off once each time. Stamp greeting (Dragonfly Dreams used here) using Old Olive ink on lower right of background panel.
- Adhere background to card base.
- Glue flourish over dots. Glue smaller flower to center of larger flower.
- Arrange the flower and leaves the way you like and glue in place. Add the enamel shapes dots and a linen thread bow.