PLEASE NOTE: The SU website is back up now!
The 2017 Occasions Catalog AND Sale-A-Bration start today, and I'm so excited! This Dragonfly Dreams bundle is just one of FOURTEEN bundles in the catalog, and I just love it so much! All I needed to do was stamp and color the dragonfly, then die cut it and the smaller dragonfly group (flock? swarm?). Really a pretty simple card to make, but what really makes it special is the Clear Wink of Stella giving the wings an iridescent shimmer, just like a real dragonfly.
Here's the "How To"
Dragonfly: Whisper White 2-3/4" x 3-1/2"
Dragonfly flock (grin)
Greeting: Strip of Whisper White 1/2" x 1-7/8"
Background: Irresistibly Floral 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Using a stamping sponge, "buff" the color onto the DSP in a circular motion using a light touch. You can always make it darker if you need to. I started with Bermuda Bay, making it darker at the corner, and fading to nothing toward the middle. I did the same on the opposite corner with Dapper Denim, then added Daffodil Delight to the middle, blending it into the other colors. In lieu of a mat, more Dapper Denim was added to darken just the edges.
- Buff the excess color off with a paper towel, and adhere DSP to card base.
- Stamp large dragonfly in Basic Black on white cardstock. Let dry thoroughly (the archival ink takes a while). Using a blender pen, color top half of all four wings with Bermuda Bay, darker at top edge, fading to lighter toward the middle. Do the same for the bottom edge of all four wings with the Dapper Denim, blending it into the Bermuda Bay. Cover wings with clear Wink of Stella, then die cut with Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- Die cut Gold Glimmer with dragonfly swarm die. (giggle)
Adhere to DSP with liquid glue.
- Adhere large dragonfly with dimensionals under the wings and a thin strip (cut from edge of dimensionals) under the tail. You don't want that dragonfly to be draggin' his tail. (Hardy har.)
- Stamp greeting (from Special Reason) on strip, cut banner end on left side and adhere to card with dimensionals. (Hint: I always cut my Stampin' Dimensionals in half before using them. Just cut right down the middle of the strip; they go twice as far that way, and fit on smaller pieces, too.)