This is one of those stamp sets that, at first, I wasn't really "feeling." But the more I saw other peoples' creations with it, the more I fell in love with it. Does that happen to you, too? Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that! The greetings that come with it are fabulous, as well.
Instead of coloring the image, I thought paper-piecing her dress and hat would be fun. Besides, I really need to use up some of that pretty paper I've been hoard....I mean, collecting!
Here's the "How To" (Click on images to enlarge, if needed)
Image: Whisper White 2-3/4" x 3-1/2"
Dress/hat: Blooms & Bliss DSP 2" x 3"
Mat: Rich Razzleberry 2-3/4" x 3-1/2"
Embossed bottom half: 2-3/4" x4-1/4"
Background: Blooms & Bliss DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Blushing Bride 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp the image in Basic Black on the smaller Whisper White and DSP pieces. Fussy-cut the dress and hat.
- Cut image out with second-largest Stitched Shapes Oval. Note: The Stitched Shapes Framelits will be back in stock Jan. 16th, wahoo!
- Attach dress and hat with liquid glue. Die-cut the Rich Razzleberry using the third-largest scalloped oval in the Layering Ovals Framelits. Adhere image to scalloped mat.
- Emboss larger Whisper White piece with Falling Petals embossing folder, making sure to leave room for the greeting and ribbon at top. Stamp greeting in Basic Black. Trim to 4" wide.
- Adhere embossed piece to bottom of DSP background. Tie a bow with Blushing Bride Stitched Ribbon. Wrap Blushing Bride ribbon around top of embossed part, fastening ends to the back.
- Adhere DSP to card base. Add dimensionals to back of image and adhere to card. Attach bow with a glue dot.