Good morning! It IS a beautiful day today, but the reason for the post title is that's the name of the Altenew stamp set that was used for this thank you card. Don't red and black make the most stunning color combination?! I knew the recipient's favorite color is red, so that's why I chose it.
I did a bit of fussy cutting on the blossom, but have since ordered the coordinating dies, so I won't need to do that again! Even though the flower stamp wasn't made by Stampin' Up!, it was so beautiful that I just had to have it!
Still working my way through my retired DSP, eating that elephant one bite at a time, as they say. The black and white strip is from Everyday Chic, but you could just as easily substitute one of the black patterned papers from Pop of Pink Specialty DSP.
This is really a very simple, yet elegant card to make!
Here's the "How To"
Image: Whisper White 2-3/4" x 8-1/2"
DSP: 1-3/4" x 5-1/2"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere DSP to card base slightly lower than centered.
- Stamp greeting (from Floral Phrases) below DSP, toward the right.
- Using Basic Black ink, stamp outline of blossom once and leaves twice on white 2-3/4" x 8-1/2" cardstock.
- For leaves, stamp the second leaf overlay stamp (not the solid one) in black over the leaf outlines.
- For blossom, stamp the second, third, and fourth overlays in Real Red over the blossom outline.
- Cut blossom and leaves out. Glue leaves to card base with liquid glue. Adhere blossom to card base with dimensionals.
- Adhere Rhinestone to center of blossom. Note: I colored the largest clear rhinestone with a red Sharpie.