Needed another manly get well card....that's two in less than a week! What the heck? This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest. It's pretty much a direct CASE, except for the DSP, black mat, gold baker's twine, greeting, circle size, and sponging around the edge of the circle. (Hmmm, I guess I changed it more than I thought, lol.) This was one of the cards we made in the Stamp Club this past weekend. Of course, the stampers got to choose their greeting to customize their cards.
Next blog post will be Wednesday evening for the Tour de Freaks! The theme this month is "Gratitude."
Here's the "How To"
Image: Shimmery White 2-3/4" x 2-3/4"
Greeting: Shimmery White 1/2" x 3"
DSP: Warmth & Cheer DSP Stack 1-1/2" x 4"
Embossed background: Shimmery White 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat: Basic Black 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Soft Suede 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Emboss background with Cable Knit Dynamic embossing folder. Note: This embossing will shrink the cardstock approximately 1/16" across the width, so you will need to trim off a bit of the Basic Black mat if you want an even border. The length will stay pretty much the same.
- Adhere the DSP to the embossed background, trimming excess even with edge.
- Adhere the embossed cardstock to the Basic Black mat. Tie Gold Baker's Twine in a knot to right side of DSP. Adhere all to card base.
- Cut Shimmery White square with third largest circle die. Stamp vintage car in Basic Black and color with Soft Suede (car, wheels) and Smoky Slate (bumper, headlights) using Blender Pen. Sponge Soft Suede around edge.
- Stamp greeting on strip and cut ends in banner shape. Adhere below car, then add dimensionals to the back and adhere to card.