Well, not yet, anyway; that should happen next month. But there is a little frost on these pumpkins, and the frost is causing the leaves to change, too! The Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush not only adds a shimmery bling to flowers, but a frosty glow to pumpkins (and snowflakes) as well!
This was another one of the cards made at the Second Saturday Stamp Club. Not being overly into Halloween, I still loved the fence and tree silhouettes in the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies. I knew I could use them for other seasons, so it was worth it to me to buy them. And pumpkins are a Fall item, even without Jack-O-Lantern faces on them!
New Blog Schedule
I'm going to try a new blog post schedule. I've been making an effort to post five days per week, which naturally led me to posting Monday through Friday. But it occurred to me that many (if not most) people do their crafty browsing on the weekend when they have more leisure time. So, starting today, I am aiming for blog posts on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and weekends on Saturday, and Sunday. Of course, when the Control Freaks' Tour de Freaks happens on a different day, I'll be posting on that day, too. And I might miss a day or two (or three) here and there. We'll see how the new schedule goes!
BTW, if you don't want to keep checking to see if there is any new content here, just click "Follow by Email" on the right. Whenever there is something new, it will be delivered right to your email inbox!
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Whisper White 2-3/4" x 3-7/8"
Embossed background: Whisper White thick 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat: Soft Suede 4" x 5-1/4"
Fence: Soft Suede 1-1/4" x 4-1/4"
Pumpkins: Pumpkin Pie (what else?) 1-1/4" x 2-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp tree trunks in Early Espresso on image panel, so that top branches are about 1/4" - 3/8" from top of cardstock. Ink up the leaves with Pumpkin Pie, then use the "thumping technique" to add color with a Real Red marker. Stamp the leaves.
- Stamp pumpkins in Tangerine Tango on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Color pumpkins with Pumpkin Pie marker (stems with Crumb Cake), then cut with pumpkin die. Add Clear Wink of Stella "frost."
- Cut fence from Soft Suede cardstock. Use Paper Snips to cut bottom of fence posts off of cardstock, leaving fence free.
- Glue fence over tree image. Note that the fence is curved and sits higher on the right, which leaves room for the greeting. Trim ends of fence even with cardstock.
- Stamp greeting in Early Espresso on lower right.
- Emboss Whisper White Thick background using Woodland embossing folder. Adhere image panel to bottom of embossed background and then both to Soft Suede mat. Wrap Linen Thread at top of image panel and tie a bow.
- Adhere all to card base. Pop the pumpkins up on dimensionals to the left of the greeting.