The color combination of red, black, and white is just SO striking, I don't know why I don't use it more often since it really packs a punch! (Hmmm, maybe I don't want to punch the person I'm thanking? Could that be it? LOL)
Anyhoo, I'm trying to get ahead on the TY cards and this one was so easy to make using the Gift of Love hostess set. It could have been even easier if I had used the two-step stamps to color it, but I wanted to do a little watercoloring so I could add some shading.
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Canson Bristol Smooth 100 lb 2-1/8" x 4-1/8" (trying something new - Watercolor Paper would work, too)
Mat: Real Red 2-1/4" x 4-1/4"
Second Mat: Basic Black 2-3/8" x 4-3/8"
Greeting: Whisper White 3/4" x 3"
Embossed background: Fancy Frost Specialty DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat: Real Red 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Basic Black 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere Fancy Frost DSP to Real Red mat. Wrap ribbon around about 1-1/2" from bottom and adhere ends to back (I used retired ribbon). Adhere all to card base.
- Stamp flower in Basic Black Archival ink on image panel and color with Aqua Painter using Real Red and Old Olive ink. Mount on red, and then black mats.
- Stamp greeting in Basic Black toward right side of 3/4" x 3" cardstock. Round upper and lower right corners with Project Life Corner Punch. Adhere under image mat on right side, having top of greeting panel even with top of white image panel.
- Adhere both to card base.
- Tie a bow and attach to card with Glue Dot.